• Financial Frictions and the Persistence of History, with F. Buera, Journal of Political Economy, April 2013.
• Productivity Growth and Capital Flows: The Dynamics of Reforms, with F. Buera, December 2011.
• Well-Intended Policies, with F. Buera and B. Moll, Review of Economic Dynamics, January 2013.
Aggregate and Distributional Impact of Financial Development
• Finance and Development: A Tale of Two Sectors, with F. Buera and J. Kaboski, The American Economic Review, August 2011.
• The Macroeconomics of Microfinance, with F. Buera and J. Kaboski, February 2012. (Also available as NBER Working Paper No. 17905.)
• Self-Insurance vs. Self-Financing: A Welfare Analysis of the Persistence of Shocks, with F. Buera, Journal of Economic Theory, May 2011.
Human Capital and Labor Supply
• Lifetime Labor Supply and Human Capital Investment, with R. Manuelli and A. Seshadri, January 2012. (Also available as St. Louis Fed Working Paper No. 2012-004A.)
• The Option Value of Human Capital, with D. Lee and S. Y. Lee. (A preliminary version is available upon request.)
• Managing the Maturity Structure of Government Debt, Journal of Monetary Economics, September 2007.
• Ramsey Meets Bewley: Optimal Government Financing with Incomplete Markets. (Under major revision. An earlier version is available upon request.)
• Does Transparency Pay? with R. Glennerster, IMF Staff Papers, April 2008.
Estimation of Dynamic Models
• Estimation of Dynamic Models with Nonparametric Simulated Maximum Likelihood, with D. Kristensen, Journal of Econometrics, March 2012.
• Smooth Filtering and Likelihood Inference in Dynamic Latent Variables Models, with C. Brownlees and D. Kristensen. (A preliminary version is available upon request.)